Friday, January 16, 2009

Takes the taste out of peanut butter.

Many times in the past few days have I thought of things that I wanted to write about on here. And yet I never did it. It was a concert weekend. And as always those always shoot my motivation to hell. Plus they went and forecasted snow (most of which didn’t come) for the weekend which was a really really good way to stress me out because all of our patrons start freaking out. But it actually went rather well, it was a miracle.

Then on Tuesday I received flowers at work from some random kid that I’d be talking to online. Like holy freaking crap. I love flowers and they are totally a very good way to win my heart. But the whole getting them from someone that I’ve not even met – not cool. It ruined the flowers completely plus because it was at work people asked about them. And I didn’t want to tell the truth so I lied. And then I just hated having to keep lying again and again. Plus now I really don’t know what to do about this guy. He’s perfectly nice and sweet, and for gosh shakes he sent me flowers. How many times have I wished I had a significant other that’d do that. But still…really no interest in dating this guy. Yet I really don’t want to have to tell him. I could go the way of A and just *poof* (disappear) but that is rather cruel to do to someone.

On my non personal life front so far me and the New Years Resolutions are iffy. I’m doing quite well about my new blog. In fact I’m sure it contributed to my not posting over here so much. The extra $ and biking are really not at all everyday goals. And well I’m failing, unfortunately as I predicted, at the stretching. I have excuses! It gets hard when the days are stressful and there are concerts and I end up exhausted. And then I go to ballet and end up sore the next couple of days. Here’s hoping I kick myself out of it and get back on the horse.

In other news the economy is becoming more and more scary. Big name classical arts organizations are floundering: The Baltimore Symphony laid off a number of staff, and today the Met announced top staff took 10% pay cuts and are asking lower staff members to do the same. Wish me luck in this environment.

“Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.” - Charlie Brown (Charles Schutz)

1 comments:

Errant Gosling said...

I don't think I could ever send flowers to someone I hadn't met. There's an order to things, even if you like someone greatly. And, I would simply tell him. One benefit to an internet relationship, of whatever kind, is that no one thinks less of you if you break it off by email. :)