Sunday, January 25, 2009

An adult on a bicycle.

The weather here has been cold recently. I do not like it. But on Friday we had a day of respite as temperatures made it up to the 40's. Also recently I'd been noting that it's stayed light a bit later in the evening (all the way to 5:30). Putting these factors together and I wanted to get out on my bike again. So, with a bit of encouragement from a co-worker, i left work early, around 3:15, and went home to go out for a nice ride.

Temperature wise it was quite amazing. I was acclimated before I headed off even. Although it was still quite cool whenever there was a breeze (like every downhill). And there's one part of the trail that is down in the valley of a stream and mostly in shade. That part was definitely cooler than the rest. Plus there were even some patches of snow/slush there. I was slightly concerned that that could be detrimental to my health. The first danger being sudden lost of traction and fall off bikeage the second being tire spray and getting wet. But I survived the perils without notice. I did almost spill one time but that was owing to cinders that had built up on the side of the road. Fun fun.

Here are my stats:

Distance: 12.958 miles
Average Speed: 11.7 mph
Time Moving: 1:06:22


Rock on.


"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."

0 comments: