Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rock Paper Scissors

Today in the mail I received my newest pair of scissors. Here is my collection. I am immensely proud of it:



1. This is my newest pair (the ones I just received today). They are Gingher 8 inch dress making shears. Pretty much awesome indestructible amazingness. Mother had a pair when we were growing up (and still does) they are the best for any kind of fabric cutting.

2. Random walmart scissors. They work.

3. 2nd pair of random walmart scissors because I frequently misplace or leave my sissors in many different places.

4. In theory these could be paper cutting scissors but I recieved them second hand from someone and already had better pairs. I use them for thread cutting and what not in random crafting.

5. For a while these were my premier paper cutting scissors. They work well enough but sadly they're not exactly true, as you can see in the picture they don't close fully without pressure because the blades are curved towards each other somehow, so they're most certainly not perfect. I think they were also second hand along with the embroidery scissors.

6. These beauties are my treasure. Hoffer gold's from Switzerland (via paper cutting by Alison), my parents gave them to me for Christmas a few years ago. And now I am a compete scissor snob. Nothing else will do. No one is allowed to touch these scissors and they are only for paper cutting only on mid to light weigh paper - and even the midweight can be questionable (I'd not be so keen on using regular computer paper).

7. Here we have my first pair of scissors. Well first specifically personally owned ones. My father got them from the gift shop at his library/museum along with a Scherenschnitte book and thats what started me off on my scissor obsession. Now I can't believe that I ever used those brutes for much of anything. So it goes.


[Not pictured: A pair of 2 inch emroidery scissors matching 4. Last seen in with my cross stitch project. Current location: unknown.]

Rock on
Paper Cutting
Scissors

0 comments: