Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A bed may show of human bliss to human woe.

On Wednesday I received an email from my Mother. It's opening text was pretty standard in it's "hey it's been a while and I figured I ought to check that you were still alive." This is not a direct quote but rather an inferred summation. Me and my parental units are cool like that. She then proceeded to inform me of various random things about some assorted family members. Then she mentioned that my birthday was coming up and instead of my prior plan of bringing out my old bed from home sometime someday I should just buy myself a new bed and they'd reimburse me.

I. Freaked. Out.

Like seriously? Me, buy a bed? For serious?

A few months ago I bought myself a pillow and it made me feel like all grown up. A bed might kill me.

I have no idea how to go about buying a bed. What the heck am I supposed to look for?

Well it's expensive. I'm quite bad at expensive things. Even if it's not my money I have a hard time spending it without hours and hours and hours of thinking and planning.

And since it's not a trivial expense one needs to get something good and decent that will last a while. But I don't even know where I'm going to be in a very short while with my life. So how will I figure out what kind/type of bed to purchase.

Obviously I have issues. My mother comes up with a very good and beneficial idea that is quite quite generous of her and I can't help but wonder why she couldn't be more mundane and send a CD, or a book, or a tent, or a gift certificate, or a check?

Alas I am crazy.

But sometime within the next few weeks maybe I'll be a crazy person with a new bed.




"In bed we laugh, in bed we cry, and born in bed, in bed we die; the near approach a bed may show of human bliss to human woe"

0 comments: