Sunday, January 18, 2009

Productivity

So last weekend was a concert weekend. And a concert weekend means 12 days of often stressful work in a row. In fact last weekend was particularly bad because of the possibility of snow. People here freak out if they even see the word. The end result of those 12 days is always without fail me being ridiculously excited to finally reach the weekend.

I'd started planning things I wanted to do with my marvelous days off before Friday and so by the time I arrived home at approximately 4:40 I was able to begin putting together a list of things to do which later grew into this beauty:

Things to do now that I finally have 2 whole days off!:
1. Clean room
2. Read Dune

3. Knit at least 5 inches of arm warmers

4. Beat another level in Guitar Hero 2
5. Beat another song in Guitar Hero 3
6. do laundry
7. wash sheets and towels
8. find and mail Nicole's christmas present
9. start new budget in Microsoft Money
10. re-memorize Raindrop Prelude
11. learn tricky part of Prelude 4

12. send random letter
13. find subscription order forms to use as examples
14. make some form of meal food
15. teach TRM to double knit
16. lunch with a stalker
17. make iced tea with good tea bags
18. clean kitchen

The results were as follows:
1. Cleaning my room was easy. Really things just end up getting piled up during the week so all I needed to do was put stuff away.
2. I probably should have put a page restriction on this. I did make it through quite a bit of the book but there are still about 80 pages to go.
3. I also made some decent progress here, it's definately looking like something tubular now, but I think I only made about 3.5 more inches.
4. Check, beating another level on GH2 was easy.
5. Sadly I didn't even attempt passing a song on GH3. I have been stuck on this one level forever. I'm playing on hard now and it's gotten seriously hard. Maybe I can make it a goal of the week or something.
6. Laundry is one of those obvious and easy weekend things. Double check.
7. Easy peasy. And bonus now my bed is all neat and nicely tucked in again. Inevitably during the week it somehow starts shifting and drives me nuts (even though I make my bed every morning).
8. So Nicole's Christmas Present is definitely MIA. I'm really questioning my sanity and wondering if I actually mailed it to her in a more timely fashion already.
9. So this budget is really rather insignificant. And I'd just like to do it for the graphs and charts that Money can generate. So maybe during the week I'll un-slack off. I'd also like to enter in everything from like the second half of 2008 sometime maybe.
10. At first I was quite frustrated with my inability to play Raindrop anymore. But I'm just rusty and things started clicking on Saturday. I think I could perform it passibly enough. Most people might even be impressed.
11. As my piano skills returned this became easier. Not performable yet, but good progress.
12. I ended up writing 3 postcards to 3 of my friends. I like the random factor of the idea. That and getting stuff in the snail mail is always fun.
13. This task I think I had finished before 6 on Friday. Now I can take them into work tomorrow!
14. Saturday for Dinner I made myself some Tilapia. It was a pretty pathetic attempt at cooking, but hey gotta start somewhere, and hey it really didn't taste half bad imho.
15. TRM was envying a phone case that I recently whipped up so I had to teach her to double knit so she could make one.
16. So adding this to the list was a direct quote from him. And it needs to be noted that stalker is not flower boy. It definately ended up being possibly the longest first date ever. The jury is still out.
17. This was random, I had a sudden urge for good iced tea. And indeed it was tasty.
18. There were many dirty dishes. But I always feel so accomplished after I clean up the kitchen, so completing this made me happy.

0 comments: