Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poor Man's Tax

Today one of my co-workers came up and asked if I wanted to participate in the 'office pool' that would be going to try and win the PowerBall Lottery. But she precursed it by saying "I don't think if you'll be interested because you're thrifty." Actually I don't think the word was thrifty but I can't recall the specific term used. My tight-fisted attitude precedes me.

Each person could contribute as much as they liked. And then "when" they won (she was thinking positively) the prize would be split as a percentage of what they had contributed. I guess that the Powerball prize was up high enough that it must have come up as a topic of conversation yesterday.

In accordance with my long standing principles, I did not participate. I was the only person in the office (there's a whole 8 of us) who did not participate.

0 comments: