Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Peach Jam

I spent my evening making and successively canning Peach Jam.

So pretty much I more or less belong in the last century and totally don't fit in. Seriously it is way too true.

TRM and I are planning to can oodles of applesauce so that we can eat it all year long. An orchard somewhere around here has apples for $10 a bushel. That means it'll even be pretty freaking cheap. All around awesome. Although even TRM is started to make fun of me for my new compulsive canning tenancies.

I see nothing wrong with stockpiling my body weight in apple sauce. The society I am surrounded by disagrees.

I'm slighly concerned that tonights second and third batches of Jam may not set up so well. It would be pretty sad if they didn't, I was planning on giving my co-workers each a jar. But only time will tell....let us hope for non-runny Jam.

0 comments: