Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Be here now.

8/31/08 5:37 PM

This afternoon I pulled on a long sleeved shirt, dug out my hat, searched out an appropriate blanket and spread it out on the lawn so I could bask in the sun. 100% of my skin covered of course. Go figure. But it was, with a breeze, too cool to sit out in the shade, and the out doors is so much better than holing up inside, dispute the burn issues.

But stretched out there enjoying the opportunity to be lazy and carefree in between my reading my mind drifted off. I started thinking on formulation my own perfect little scene. One of many no doubt.

It consisted of myself and my significant other, a handsome and dashing example of masculine beauty no doubt. And in the picture we are both just laying there. Not necessarily actively together, or maybe one head resting on the others lap. But together there we are each reading.
Each in our own space, our own little worlds, drawn up through the words on the pages. And yet so completely together in the quiet comfort and easy gentleness of the scene.

Do you think such a thing could ever be possible? I don't know. To be so still in this world where it feels like when we are together we must be moving. Plus I'm finding more and more my love of reading is somewhat an anomaly.

Maybe someday.

0 comments: