Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Marshmallow Peeps

Today, spontaneously, in the office, my coworkers put two marshmallow peeps in the microwave to see how large they would get. Upon taking it out and allowing it to cool they then ate it like a delicacy.

These people are all how much older than I am?

In other work related news last week I lost it at 4:15 on Wednesday. A co-worker came because she’s like my friend in the office and she’d heard the un-pleasant phone call which was the straw that broke the camels back. Trying to talk to her made me break down sobbing. Then our boss showed up looking for her. The hysterics continued. De-lightful. He didn’t know what to do and recommended taking days off. I have no time for days off.

Two nights ago I had a bad dream/nightmare about printing off and brining the wrong tickets to the concert.

Conclusion: this job is slowly killing me.


Oh and I have another first date tonight. *sigh*

2 comments:

Joan said...

I hope this job isn't the career you went to college for and acquired the student loans for? My heart hurts for you. I was stuck in a job that wasn't me when I was younger (surgical tech) and I was lucky enough to be able to eventually do something I'm passionate about-which is writing.

I hope you are able to find your passion and make a living at it. It makes all the difference in life.

Carlin said...

Joan,

Haha, yes actually I'm one of the 'lucky' few of my major to be in the field which I intended. I still love the organization, the mission and my co-workers - but the menial day to day activities are what get to me.

As for the loans I am incredibly blessed to have parents who believed in footing most of the bill. Plus having an academic scholarship for 50% of tuition and then graduating in 3 years helped. And so I consider my small loans to be a very small price to pay for the experiences that I gathered during that time.

And at the end of the day despite my complaining I always know that things can and will get better.