Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hydrant Hysteria

I want to paint a Fire Hydrant.

It all started sometime earlier this week. My city has some funny little organization that send around a Things to Do list. And I think they also run some kind of downtown revitalization program maybe. But the first thing listed in the email was "Hydrant Hysteria".

They are having a thing where there are 48 fire hydrants around downtown to be painted. They are asking for submissions with designs and they will choose people to paint each of the hydrants.

I have always wanted to do something like this.

Does that make me a huge dork?

1 comments:

Joan said...

I think it would be great for you to do! It would be fun. When I lived in Southern Oregon, we had something called Bearfest every year. Artists would paint huge stone bears and they'd be displayed around town. Then at the end, they auctioned them off for different charities.