Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A sense of belonging.

In the 3 months of 2009 I feel like I have accomplished quite a few crafts. And since I like to show them off:



My hat with cables. The first time I've ever knit in the round. It came out too long, but w/e it's an awesome hat with cables.

I found an amazing craft website with tons of projects with instructions. This was one of them that I couldn't help but doing. And it turned out wonderfully! I recently gave them to a friend whom I thought could use some cheering up.

Around my birthday time TRM and I played with fondant and made these mini cakes. this is the one which I am most proud of. Although really I wasn't much good at the actual fondant covering part.

This, obviously, is not an actual craft. But I love it! You see I accidentally wore my green sweater on the day before St. Patty's day, so I had to improvise. And this is what I came up with. Basically I have ridiculous amounts of hair and am kind of ridiculous myself. I wore it with light tan pants, a white sweater shirt/v-neck with just a bit of a green tank top peaking out. I am way too proud of myself.

For some reason I have a bit of an obsession with Raphael's Cherubs. So I just had to make them into a paper cut. And it came out rather well I think.





"Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with our history. Our ancestors used to create these crafts out of necessity, and now we do them for fun, to make money and to express ourselves."

0 comments: