Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hydrant Hysteria - part II

The deadline for submission of sketches is May 1. So obviously I came up with a great idea just yesterday, and then proceeded to stay up way to late last night working on it (think 2am bedtime). It was rather reminiscent of college, or better yet high school....college was too easy. But I digress.

My design is based on a design that is on my little desk calendar for May. It's also from my city and being as this whole thing is part of some kind of city beautification project my hope is that my subject matter will add an extra edge to the design.

Original stained glass dome (use the link to see a much larger picture:

And this is my translation onto a Fire Hydrant:

I'm quite convinced that I am not a particularly good artist (at least for drawing and similar type arts). But I am quite the copyist.






I also made a penguin, because that's how I roll:



I'm going to title it "SSO Penguin". Which actually stands for Secret Society of Penguins, but I figure SSO is much safer. :-)


Sorry about this formatting - it is fighting back and I can't be bothered fixing it.

0 comments: