Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knitted socks.

It's been a while. I apologize to you, my one faithful reader.

Alas work is stressing me out like whoa. And well I don't really have much of anything worth much of a life outside of work/personal life. So when one puts the two together it means I'm trying to deal with lots of stress but I don't actually have much that can function in a way to properly enable my life to balance itself into a happy medium. And so I find myself falling further and further into my own pity party.

Ah well. So it goes.

Some random highlights which follow no logical order or purpose:

Our end of row neighbor randomly asked me to cat-sit. She has 3 cats and they're all crazy in their own way. My favorite is Gigi. Shes a smaller long haired cat. It was impossible to figure her out because she would be skittish and then beg for attention. In 5 second variances. Like seriously I should have made a video of her. It is the most bizarre thing when a cat comes over looking for attention and then the next moment looks up at you like you're an ax murderer. I have a theory however. One day I noticed, as I was petting her which was having the results that I couldn't figure out of pain/disdain or pleasure, but anyways I noticed that she seemed to have a good bit of static owing to her long fur. So my figuring is that basically she's more or less constantly receiving static shocks, kinda like mild electo therapy, constantly. This is what has caused her to be completely off her rocker. Good times.

I seem to have developed a mild e-bay addition over the past 2 days. In the past I have been known to randomly start tracking a million things on ebay to see what the average and low prices one can score. For some reason on this most recent wave I was focused on bike gear. Specifically pedals. Next thing I know I'm the proud highest bidder of a new (well new to me) pair of SPD's. $13.50. Rock on. Now the ultimate test will be if they go on my bike (really not much of a concern), if they are compadible with the shoes I got when I purchased the bike (questionable, all research indicates they should, but for some reason the instructions with the shoes [yea my shoes have instructions] has some crazy line about not working with spd pedals, i don't get it), and most importantly but the thing I've thought least about is me actually learning and liking clipless. Ah well 13.50 is what a good many people might spend on lunch. Alas that logic is flawed because I'm not other people and never will be so its practically pointless to say. The whole train of thought is much more indepth as to why this is flawed but I digress. Today on ebay I scored 2 pairs of shorts for ballet for $9.75. I've been eyeing up all kinds of various dance-wear for quite a while now but can never justify the expense. Seriously I'm becoming like a spend-a-holic in my depression. I'm quite tempted by a number of other things currently. Most notibly being a pair of bike shorts that are not tight so would make me look less silly commuting or what not. And an orange/floral bike seat which would (in theory) match my orange bike but the listing has no brand so I know I really shouldn't waste $25 on a decorative idem. But it's pretty!

I bought a bed a few weeks ago. It was an adventure and a half getting the thing home. But we made it and did not loose it along side the highway - yay. I went from a twin to a queen in one fell swoop. I love having bed space!

I made some pretty awesome paper flowers based on instructions I found online. I ought to take a picture and post it. Seriously they're adorable.

I read a book that tied knitting into the story. It made me want to knit amazing awesome stuffs. Then mother randomly brought me this random sock knitting catalouge that seems to have been sent to father. Luckily I don't ask questions. Instead I went to JoAnn's yesterday and now I am knitting a crazy bright blue sock. I question what a hand knitted sock shall come out looking like, but can't hurt to try. The best part is how amazing it is to work with this crazy tiny yarn and crazy tiny needles. Why do I seem to love small things so much?

Tomorrow at work I really really really need to go and talk/call out my boss on something. It's scary but doing it should help me learn to stick up for myself and help point out the fact that he is clueless about management. Poor guy.




"It was such a lovely day I thought it a pity to get up."

0 comments: