Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sky Lake

I was camping last week.


I love camping. Like more than life love camping.


For me camping is kind of like going and living a different life. And in that new life I don’t have to deal with the hastle of real life. It’s escapism.


And it’s not like I didn’t think about it all. I spent way too much time obsessing over my personal life, or new lack there of. I worried about work. Pathetically enough I actually had a nightmare about the symphony.

It’s kind of amusing now actually. Somehow someway in my dream we were having a concert but the season tickets hadn’t been mailed out before it so everything was a giant mess. Yes that is probably the only nightmare I’ve had in quite a while. I think this may display some of the fact that my life is pathetic.


Go me.


Most people would probably consider my camping awesomeness to be boring. Or even too much work (I have a bit of a wood-gathering obsession as well as cleaning and organizing obsessions. The penguins diagnosed me with camping OCD). But I still love it. It’s not supposed to be particularly exciting or at all life changing or anything. It’s just peaceful and tranquil and that is such a contrast from everyday life that it makes it the beset.

The only thing that bothered me with this trip was that we could actually hear road noise. Somehow I don’t recall ever being able to hear the road in all the years that I’ve gone before.


I suppose that means I just need to find something even more ridiculously remote. Which is actually on the list as TRM and I are planning to save our pennies and go on a Sierra Club backpacking trip next summer. Sweet deal.




You can see why they call it Sky Lake.

0 comments: