Monday, August 25, 2008

Join the Black Parade

Today was a good day. It shouldn't have been. But it was.

At work I have 1474 households to get tickets to. I spent too much of the weekend (aka non work time) working to put together the skeleton of the mailing. And then all day at work trying to coordinate volunteers and help to work on it plus doing it myself. I'm much better at doing everything myself, it's a flaw. And in working on it I discovered that some things seem to be missing and in fact there was a whole group of tickets that didn't print. O my. And the construction started today. Thats a mess. But my oh my how quickly does the day go by when you're just constantly working, driven, on that task and have others around you working as well.

I went to the library. My books were due, and I had managed to finish what I wanted. I went before ballet so I was on a tight time line. I got in and out in 10 minutes with what I wanted. Go me.

At ballet I'm still not at all up to par with the other girls. But it was totally a good workout. I can feel how I'm stronger and feel how I'm stretching longer. Plus she forgot her ballet music, again. And so at the end of class we were dancing to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. Now that is pretty sweet.


After class driving home it was dark and cool. I had a tank top on and rolled down the windows and turned up the radio. It was similar to how I used to love to ride home after RHB gigs. I've not been playing now but dancing is still an art and I'm still getting better and feeling good about it. I suppose it's my new thing. One of many I'd say. But this is closer to what I used to do.

As I was closer to home My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade came on. I love that song.

We'll Carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches on
Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world, will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me
We want it all, (we'll carry on)we wanna play this part
Do or die, (we'll carry on)you'll never make me
Because the world, (we'll carry on)will never take my heart
Go and try, (we'll carry, )you'll never break me
We want it all, (we'll carry on)we wanna play this part.

0 comments: