Monday, October 13, 2008

Hot Date

Yup you read right. I went on a ‘hot date’. Though what constitutes a date being ‘hot’? Basically I used the term to humorous ends. So it’s much safer to say that I just had a date actually.

It was good. We talked for nearly 4 hours straight and never seemed to run out of things to say. I’m pretty sure I don’t talk, like ever. How does that work. I’m thinking positive sign maybe?

But I’m not going to be spilling any details here. I’ve other outlets for that if I so desire. I want to know what is with guys and paying for things? Seriously.

We went out for dinner and he handily grabbed the check and took care of it. Ok all well and good. Not that I require it, I’d happily split the bill, but the in the old guy/girl standards that some people still live by it’s expected. Then since dinner didn’t take very long we went to a coffee shop where he also picked up the tab. Also fine ok he’s a guy and being manly like, whatever floats your boat.

The interesting thing was later I asked if he’d be willing to go to the opera with me. He was agreeable enough to the idea. So then when I said ok so long as the date and time works for you I’ll get the tickets, he said I’ll go so long as I can pay for the tickets…..Wait a minute what the heck is that? It was my slightly out there proposition and for a few other reasons in my mind it only makes sense that I’ll pay for them. But he was sitting there arguing with me.

I suppose in a way it’s cute and endearing, wanting to take care of or something like that? But in the end, seriously, what gives?


....maybe I ought to find myself a dragon to be kidnapped by or something....

"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth."

0 comments: