Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Great Epic Film Scores.

Tonight was the first POPS Concert of the season. I already have TRM roped in so she works the box office for me at least one day of each concert weekend, but I had another opening. So Little One came up, she wanted the $30.

But she also wanted to watch the concert to meet some requirements for school. So I got all excited and, after inquiring with TRM, got us 3 seats on a convenient aisle.

I think this is only the 2nd time in the year that I've worked at the symphony that I've actually taken a seat for the concert. There's just too much going on. If I want to hear something I'll just sneak into the stairs and watch from there. Sitting in an actual seat is a totally different, and worlds better, experience.

I sat there and I was actually swept up by the music. This is uncommon for me. I love music but audiences tend to distract me. I think that's a lot of why I think I'll always love playing [god do I miss playing] more than viewing it. It felt so good to just be there and feel the music, and feel the atmosphere. It reminded me of why my job really is not quite the hell that it's felt like for the past week.

Somewhat almost not really related I've come up with a new way to deal with angry people. Instead of just sitting there and taking their abuse and maybe trying to explain the reasoning behind our policies I should just burst into tears. It would be awesome.

I totally wasn't supposed to bitter in this post. Oops.

0 comments: