Friday, October 24, 2008

Every so often.

So ever so often, and really it is a fairly frequent so often, I think of a topic that I should like to write a blog on. However I am, obviously, a slacking blogger, and so not much comes of it.

Here are the topics from recent life that are in my head that I want to write about:
Parking in the Garage/Frost
Computer
Bike
Spending too much money
Ballet
Keeping in contact
Symphony Blogs
Blogging
Soup
Boys



-ok that list started to get a bit random as ideas popped into my head. Therein lies the danger.



I shall start with the first, and easiest. This was a random post that popped into my head.

It first occurred yesterday. There was frost on the windshield of my car. It's been getting rather cool now, but I'm still not willing to concede that the nice weather is done. Gosh durn it I want summer back.

And this frost was not the easy flick of the wipers and its gone kind. I had to actually go and find my ice scrapers and for the first time this year, clear my windows. Luckily I had been thinking ahead and found them in the garage a day or two before.

So I hastily scraped off my car and proceeded to work. Inevitably I was more hasty than I ought to be and my windshield had an odd haze to it for the first .5 miles. Seriously you'd think that I'd be more cautious given my history.

Fast forward to today!

TRM decided that we ought to actually use the garage to hold a car instead of random junk. So she cleaned it all up. She managed to get all of our bikes (there are 4 in total now) hung up on the ceiling.

However there are always some issues with using the garage. Namely, it is a 1 car garage, and there are 3 of us. It is reached by traveling through our driveway space which fits 2 cars in a line. And we are all journeying to and fro according to our own schedules. And so we are not unfamiliar with the fun of the car shuffle. Plus there was only one button thinger for the door. And really who is going to park in the drive way, get out of the car and go into the house, open the garage door, start the car back up, and park in the garage.

But then Jo came home with a button thinger for me. It's not particularly consistant but sometimes I am the first person home. And I am always the last person to leave. Whoa.

Yesterday when I got home I parked in the garage. Actually I parked very poorly in the garage. It's a pretty tight fit to begin with. And I'd not parked in it since she hung up all 4 bikes. So I was a bit curious to see if my car would hit them. Therefore as I got close to the bike I kept inching forwards. In the end I was pretty durn close, but the bike does actually clear, and I was much to far inside the garage so when I got out of the car I didn't have room to get to the door. Oops.

This morning when I drove to work it was amazing. There was no going out in the cold at all. Now the car wasn't toasty or anything close. But still - not freezing at all.

Delightful.

0 comments: