Friday, October 31, 2008

The breaking wave and the muscle.

So despite the frost on my car this morning, it was actually a fairly mild day weather wise. It's also the last day that I'll have any daylight after work hours, owing to daylight savings time, until the spring. And since I'm turning into a lazy bum I had decided before that I must must must get out riding today.

So off I went as soon as I could manage after work. I still could only get about 13 miles because of not wanting to be out past dusk. But it wasn't at all the most chilly of rides so I was quite happy. Plus I was surprised that I'd not lost as much as I could have in the way of riding ability.

Back at the house I was changing out of my biking stuff. I'd worn a new top thats all special sporty like and supposed to be good about moisture management and keep me warm and dry and all. I got a few things cuz TRM's dad works for a tennis gear supplier so we could get stuff cheap. Seriously the tags list MSRP of like $40+ and I paid less than $10. But anyways its a form fitting tank top so I was like hey this thing seems to work and it looks half decent.

Then I particularly noticed that I've this ridiculously defined muscle in my upper arm. Seriously it's huge. (Now this is really quite realative, I'm pretty small and have never topped 110, but generally not much in the way of musculature just the general skinnyishness).

Yup, I'm buff.

Although it makes sense. At work today I'm pretty sure I must have moved probably a half ton (seriously if you do the math I know I moved at least 30 of these boxes that were like filled with paper that was just the accounting stuff. I estimate they averaged at 20lbs. So thats 600lbs right there and that was just a portion of everything that I moved, it was ridiculous).


Go me.


Now if only I had someone to show. My fling lives nearly an hour away and TRM got a boyfriend and so isn't around much anymore :-/


“The breaking wave and the muscle as it contracts obey the same law. Delicate line gathers the body's total strength in a bold balance. Shall my soul meet so severe a curve, journeying on its way to form?”

0 comments: