Monday, June 23, 2008

There's something about shadows.

I am a lurker.

I faithfully read *counts* 9 blogs. In fact I'm nearly obsessive compulsive about it. See I have them all set up on a tab of my iGoogle page. (I <3 google). So when people post things they rather instantaneously appear on that page. And being as I nearly go out of my mind at work I often pull it up to see if there are any new distractions.

Most of the blogs I read are about personal finance. Last fall when I was embarking upon my new self contained personal finance quest I stumbled upon a blog. It was fascinating, well written, and informative. I spent a number of days reading a year or two of back logs. Once I was caught up it was fairly anti-climatic. What was I supposed to do now?

Gradually I found more blogs. They are all, at least in part, in the vein of personal finance. Being as I am obsessed with personal finance this works for me. In actuality having found these people was amazing. I still don't know anyone else in real life who is as fixated on this stuff as myself.

But now we return to my original statement: lurking. You see I read these blogs, keep tabs on these peoples lives, and yet I don't ever leave comments or anything. Ok, thats an exaggeration. In approximately I'd say 8 months of reading I've left a grand total of 3 comments ever. It's kind of weird. I know them and about things they are doing and thinking about, and yet they don't know me.

That's blogging for you right?

Anyways I decided to write this because I'm steeling myself up (and or justifying my creepiness) to comment again today. Rock on.



"There's something about shadows because you make your own mind up about what's lurking in them."

0 comments: