Tuesday, June 3, 2008

In life, there's no safety net.

So I'm going to take a dance class on Thursday. It's an adult ballet class. Supposedly the classes have people of mixed levels and are rather transient so a beginner should be ok. I dug out my old beat up ballet slippers yesterday. Hopefully I'll not look too terribly foolish.


On Monday I picked up my flute for the first time in months. I impressed my new roommate. But I didn't impress myself. I've lost the natural fluidity that I had about it. Trying to play hurts. I'd really like to get back into lessons to get in shape again.


I started calling lapsed subscribers today. The deadline to renew was Monday. It only took 3 calls before I was hung up on.




"When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?"

0 comments: