Monday, June 23, 2008

It's not your salary that makes you rich.

This morning catching up on my blog reading I found this: Abundant Life Spending Spree.

I was intrigued and decided I should like to play along.

The premise is that starting with $25 on day one (which was technically Sunday) I'll imagine what I would like to spend the money on. From there on the amount is doubled every day. There's no repeating items.

The reality of me sticking with it daily is questionable. But it could be fun and can't hurt to try, so here goes nothing.

Day 1: $25
With $25 I would buy a pair of bicycle shorts because this summer I am dedicated to becoming a kick butt biker. And as a part of this I fixate upon wishing I had the proper equipment.

Day 2: $50
To continue the trend with $50 I'd get a good bike jersey, in bluebird of course. Really its kind of crazy how quickly one can spend money on this stuff.




"It's not your salary that makes you rich, it's your spending habits."

0 comments: