Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Life is what happens.

I feel pretty much utterly overwhelmed right now.

Luckily its not a completely bad thing because a lot of it is fun things that I want to do.

First things first however. Last week, from early Tuesday to late Saturday, I was off to a conference for work. It was at Denver, rock on. National Performing Arts Conference of which the League of American Orchestras took part. In general I don't really have a way of categorizing that experience. It was good, I suppose. Realistically I need to write up a whole big something on the whole experience. But alas I've so many things I should write up and yet it hardly ever happens. Anyways the trip basically just left me a bit overwhelmed and my head spinning and in a way I think I've been kind of reeling from it the past few days.

Other than that I kind of feel like I'm being pulled in a lot of different directions:

1. Little One (aka my best friend) invited me to go with her and her family to Wildwood NJ this coming weekend. So in interests of seeing her I obviously said yes. Unfourtionately it's a good bit of driving and basically kills the weekend. Plus it lead to all this other stuff. - Plans have a way of doing that don't they.

2. Well since I was going to be in town to get to LO's (thats totally my new acronym for my friend, she'd hate it) I realized I definately needed to stop and see one of my amazing high school friends. She's getting married next summer and I'm one of her brides maids but because of living apart it seems like I've been absolutely no help to her. Plus she and her man just bought a house so I totally need to see her new place. Trying to fit that in around the plans with LO could be interesting. I sent her an e-mail late last night as like a heads up I need to call you and she sent out a group email that I'd be in town. I do love my penguins (hs friends).

3. As horrible scheduling would go M left for his hometown on Saturday, aka the morning of the same day I got back home in the evening. He won't be around til Thursday. It's definately the longest we've not seen each other since right after the new year. And I quite miss him. So seeing him on Thursday is a must being as I up and leave again right away. Plus....

4. Dance class is on Thursday. The first time I went left me hurting for days. But I'm kind of excited, though still nervous, about it. So I'm planning on going for both Ballet and Modern.

ok those things are all kind of haphazardly connected fairly well. Here are more things thrown into the mix:

5. I've officially taken up biking. Two weekends ago I completed the 20 mile ride around the greenbelt here as part of a big ride/fund raiser thing. I was nervous about it and like would I make it, but it was actually rather easy. There were 3 pretty bad hills in fairly steep succession right at the end which kicked my butt, but I still rode. And I wasn't even sore the next day. I was going to write about that too. I am a total loser. But I'm off point. So now I'm really thinking of trying to do 2 other serious rides. They are both MS Society Fundraisers. The first is mid-July and I'm thinking 50 miles each of 2 days maybe? The second is the "MS 150" or 2, 75 mile days from Philly to Ocean City and back. Awesome, go me! Except I really do need to train and get in shape for this. Which leads to todays evening activity of a ride. I'm thinking from home to the belt and all the way around back. Thats nearly like 28 miles (?) though. Completion is questionable.

6. My roommate (who is in need of a good acronym)'s mother for some reason wanted her and I to come up and visit the cabin that her parents bough and have dinner. We visited near when they first bought it and there was some talk of possibly camping up there but I still don't quite understand the come for dinner idea. We're going tomorrow evening.

7. Jo-Ann Fabrics has good sales. Craft stores are rather like book or music stores which I hate because I love them so much and just want everything. But a hint to you if you ever want to make any kind of clothing Jo-Ann's fairly frequently has patterns on sale. Generally just one brand at a time. But anyways I went last weekend and got $10 patterns for $2. And this week if I get there before Saturday I can get some more for only $1.50. Sweet deal. Plus I'm thinking I'll buy the fabric for one project to do sometime (because I obviously have time for such a project), there are some 50% off coupons and such that I also have from them. I put forth a motion to TR (The Roomate, there we go) to stop on the way to the cabin. The motion past.



Holy-moly thats all just the next like 6 days and only includes external matters v. the piles of internal lists I have for myself.




"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.