Friday, February 13, 2009

Work of fiction.

In today’s thinking and poking around the thought struck me: how cool would it be to write a book. Like a for real at least 200 page novel. It would be awesome.

Unfortunately I feel utterly incapable of conceptualizing a whole plot/story/world. Just much too difficult and my ideas are so rarely original.

Keeping this in mind I’ve struck upon two more abstract ideas:

First as I was eating my two clementines with my lunch I was reminded of JM’s short story for a creative writing class. I don’t recall if it was about an orange or if there was just somehow an orange that was prominent within the story. But I considered stealing and writing a story about being an orange. However I then realized that the difficulty of the orange being consumed could be avoided by instead writing a story about being an inanimate object. One of those could stick around for much longer. Or maybe what about writing a story about being a cat. Oh! It could be a story with a twist! If one managed to write about the life and times of this non-human in a very human way would it may be possible to basically ‘trick’ people and create this very interesting slightly-off feeling.

I had a second and then even a third idea but I got excited about idea one there and forgot the others. Blast.

0 comments: