Sunday, February 8, 2009

23

I am now 23. In fact I have been so for a few days even. But I did have a good birthday.

Although realistically there were some downer thoughts. However I think I decided that for some reason just the idea of it being my birthday puts me in a positive mindset and so it's just going to be a good day no matter what. I recall the same sense of feeling from other years. I'm just a good bit more happy mellow on my birthday.

There were however some definite random occurrences that definitely added to the awesomeness of my birthday:

First and foremost sometime early but not to early that morning I'm sitting at my desk at work when P walks in. She's a middle aged woman (one child in college other in h.s.) who does quite a bit for the Symphony. I know she's quite involved in the symphony society and their functions plus she does quite a bit with the education committee and she often comes out when we ask for volunteers to help with random office tasks (generally large mailings). And she's really just a very nice person. But she had been in helping with a mailing the day prior but today she says "I just was in the area and wanted to stop by and give you this *hands me a card* and these *hands me flowers*".

!

Like holy crap where'd that come from? It was amazing. I have no idea how she knew it was my birthday. I figure one of my co-workers must have said something (we celebrate birthdays with cake in the office). But the georgeous flowers (purple iris' and smallish white roses) were so random and just so awesome. I could totally actually enjoy these (verses the last flowers I recieved if you recall).

And then the whole day there were lots of 'happy birthdays' and it was a fairly busy day so people were in and out that aren't all normal staff then most all of them would somehow hear it was my birthday and many gave me compliments. Or it was always fun to see jaws drop when I told them I was 23.

One awesome quote from my boss. "So how old are you now? 24, 25, 26?" Seriously I seem to have them trained to forget how young I am anymore. It's good stuff.

Overall the impression the day left on me was that I really can't imagine how I deserve such nice things. Particularly the flowers. Seriously people you're too good to me.

0 comments: