Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So close...

I was on a mission tonight.

After purchasing my laptop I immediately purchased a bag/carrying case so that I'd be able to take it places. So far I've used it to take my laptop to work for the concerts so that I can remotely access the office. It's been good. But I also wanted a smaller 'form fitting' cover if you will, that word work so that I can put the laptop in a larger bag safely with other stuff.

Specifically I intend to take it with me when I leave on Saturday for Arizona (w00t).

But rather than spend the $20 or $30 for a store bought skin I decided to make my own. So today I finally got to the newly opened Jo-Ann store (georgeous) and picked out my fabrics. I wanted to try for a cute/bohemian look if possible and so choose 4 different fabrics that all have the same colors.

We got back home around 8:15 and I got to work pretty quickly. Inevitably such projects are not the most speedy. Especially when I'm making things (including methods) up as I go (and watching dancing with the stars). But around 11:30 I was pretty close to finished and it was looking amazing. Somehow things had come together.


(yup, it's even reversible)

And then the pouch was about 1/4-1/2 inch too small. I can get the laptop in with a lot of effort, but it's definately not something that should require effort. Drats.

I think I may try to go back to J0-Ann's pick up new fabrics and probably new colors (I like these but think I could do better) and try again. Luckily it only cost around $10. So in the end it'll be about like buying a pre-made one....*sigh*



....and yet so far.

0 comments: