Tuesday, November 25, 2008

He did hear a sound rising over the snow. It started in low. Then it started to grow.

I like Christmas music. In college I was lucky enough to have a roommate of similar mind. It was not uncommon for us to start up the old carols in October. My figuring is that this stuff is only seasonally appropriate once a year. So I have to start early!

This year I've actually been fairly calm about it. I tuned in a bit in early November, but I've really waited until now to lay it on thick. I have a decent, but not spectacular, selection of holiday music on my computer. And I know and can sing along to pretty much every song of it. Actually at least once or twice because we're geeks like that at school we played a game of "who can name that tune first". The others didn't stand a chance really.

But anyways I also enjoy the fact that Christmas music is such that I can play it at work. Normally I have to limit myself to Classical stuff. Although last year at first I tried to find Classical Christmas music before just playing anything really.

This year I'm quite in the holiday mood and have had Christmas music on once or twice before now using pandora. Yesterday, on my first day back, I was definately ready for music and opted for finding a new station online. Miraculously I quickly found this gem: http://www.accuradio.com/holidays/

I immediately honed in on the Holiday Classical station and listened to it all day. Today I pulled it up but having not been overly impressed with the Classical decided to go with their xmas station: "Our main channel: The best of the best in holiday music!". Later as I was scanning the website I had an idea.

My idea is that each day I'll listen to a different one of their genre stations and then I can review them. This idea amuses me to no end :-)


Pooh-pooh to the Whos! he was grinch-ish-ly humming.
They're finding out now that no Christmas is coming!
They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!
Their mouths will hang open a minute or two
The all the Whos down in Who-ville will all cry BOO-HOO!

That's a noise, grinned the Grinch,
That I simply must hear!
So he paused. And the Grinch put a hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow...

But the sound wasn't sad!
Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so!
But it WAS merry! VERY!

He stared down at Who-ville!
The Grinch popped his eyes!
Then he shook!
What he saw was a shocking surprise!

Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming!
IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!

0 comments: