Thursday, December 18, 2008

Water for Elephants

A few weeks ago I had a hankering to hear a good bell choir. There are many reasons why this most likely came about, but they are insignificant. So after doing some research I determined that there was going to be a Free Bell choir and Harp concert at a somewhat nearby library. And as a bonus I've had it on my checklist to check out this library for quite a while. On the calendar it went.

Wait this is a book review, where's the book?

Quite randomly I was browsing the stacks and happened upon Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I'd heard of it and knew it was on some lists and all so decided to go for it. I started reading it before the concert began. And basically couldn't put it down then. There was definately some loss of sleep. But I finished it in 2 or 3 days.

The story is delightful. For me there wasn't any serious contemplation or brain things about it. It was just a marvelous and well written story.

And on a random note a random coincidence occurred. I was home over the Christmas week and what should be on the coffee table there but the same book! My father's co-worker likes to give him books to read apparently and he'd started Water for Elephants the day before. I think it took him 2 days tops (but he cheated by having more free time than I).

Therefore I can say that this book is awesome and support it with additional outside evidence! Read it.

0 comments: