Friday, May 9, 2008

Cutting.




I love crafts. Any craft, I'm almost guaranteed to either have done it or at the very least be game to try. If I could spend all of my time crafting I'd be happy.

Inevitably I don't spend nearly enough time making crafts. Instead I get distracted by books or music and have to do stupid things like work, eat, sleep, and occasionally even be social. This results in me having a million (ok thats an exaggeration) little uncompleted projects and even more ideas as to things I'd like to do.

Current works in progress:
Counted Cross Stitch:

Knitted Blanket (but mines pale blue):

Gingerbread House Latch Hook:
(not a picture of what I have, I couldn't find one)


Butterfly Mosaic Box:
(an idea out of my own head so there's definately no picture on the interwebs)


SAI Scrap Book:


Plus more things that I've probably hidden away and forgotten about.


Crafts that I want to do but have not yet started:
Learn tatting:
(I've done it before but very very simplistically)


Pengin Scrap Book:
I want to make a penguin scrap book of all the fun times with my awesome friends/ members of the Secret Society of penguins. In fact I actually started this by making my own scrapbook cover and some pages, so maybe this belongs on the other list. The fabric I used for the cover:


Sew clothes:
I want to make myself a few more skirts out of a pattern that I've used before. Its incredibly simple and looks good on me. Then I also want to find a pattern for a longer skirt. And then eventually I want to make a whole dress. And if all works according to plan it'll look good and then people will say "I like your dress" and I'll be like "I made it!" And it shall be awesome.


Sew Pajama Pants:
Simplicity had a free pattern up so I told M about it and he actually said that I should make us matching PJ pants. Now I'd had the thought but figured it was too cheezy. But since he said it....


Christmas presents:
I've a number of different ideas that I ought to start working on now. They include awesome double knit scarfs, and sewn stuffed animals. Hopefully I'll have more ideas and will actually start working on them before November this year.

But most of all today I want to do more papercutting because I found the most awesome papercutings here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37051688@N00/. Shes the one who did the paper cutting at the top of the page. I've also been entertaining the idea of using the Schwenkfelder Fraktur book to make some Scherenschnitte designs out of the pictures there.

I need to get crafting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog, wish i hv the time to do all those stated in your blog, but toooo busy. Anyway, just started to do book scrap..but at a very very slow pace. Hi5 for all your hard work.