Thursday, April 10, 2008

Burnt out.

Concert weekends are always rough.

I run the box office which involves both having some office hours where people can call in and then also setting up everything to run at the actual event. Concert weekends typically run like this:
Saturday 10:30-3:00 - Office hours. Sometimes this means I have free time to do whatever because really the phones don't ring that much. And then the last hour or so is always a furious rush of printing off everything and packing up and loading it all.
3-5 - go home take shower and in general really not have time to accomplish anything.
5-11 - Venue. General madness ensues.
Sunday 12:30-6 - More madness, then pack it all up.

Total result: approximately 20 hours of work and general exhaustion.

And at 8:30 Monday morning I'm back in the office again for another full week. The day after a concert is always crazy because I have to reconcile the weekend events back into our systems plus tons of patrons always call about this that or the other thing.

This two week period has been particularly insane because I'm in the middle of subscription renewals. I've not had time to breathe since February. And so much of it is so dull by now. I keep working extra hours but still can't get ahead. And it doesn't help that my brain is shutting down from exhaustion/boredom/overwork.

It's a pretty vicious cycle.

0 comments: